Exterior Hose Bibs
With the cold weather fast approaching we ask that you ensure your garden hoses have been removed from the exterior hose bibs and that the water is shut off. This is very important!
Please follow the instructions below to winterize your hose bibs. This is each residents (owner) responsibility to do. If you fail to do this and your hose bib or pipes free and break as a result, you are responsible for contracting a plumber to repair the damage at your expense.
All hose bibs should be winterized even if they are “frost free”.
- Turn off the applicable interior shut off valves to step the water supply to exterior taps (front and rear). If your unit has them, these shut off valves are often located in your utility room.
- Remove garden hoses from the taps and store them indoors for the winter. It is very important that garden hoses are not left attached as the water in them will expand if frozen and crack the hose and tap.
- Open, or turn on, the hose bibs to allow any water in the pipes to drain out. Keep the taps open throughout the winter. (Ensure the water flow has been stopped by the interior shut off valve.)
- When Spring arrives, turn the interior valve back on and check the hose bibs to ensure that no damage has occurred over the winter.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Property Manager or member of the strata council.
Sent on behalf of Strata Council
“Creating Community – Experience the Difference”